Friday, 11 March 2011

The making of a throw

2011 seems to be the year of custom orders. I really do love my work, but I find custom orders to be the icing of the cake. Custom orders enable you to really engage with your customer and create something that meets the need and taste of that special customer. For me this is truly wonderful.

When I received a request to make a vintage linen throw, I was delighted. My customer had once seen a ray-like design in Italy and wanted to create something similar for a linen bed throw. We agreed on a design that I would screen print onto the linen.

This is its journey - the making of a throw.

1. Drawing the design onto template


2. Cutting out the template


3. The template is finished


4. Ready to print


5. There we go - the printing is done



6. It is done, sewn and ready to go!



I am looking forward to my next custom order :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment