Saturday, 13 February 2010

Networking lunch with guest speaker Laura Tenison (Jojomamabebe)

I attended the South East London Mumpreneurs Networking lunch this week and it was a fantastic event. Guest Speaker was Laura Tenison from JoJoMamanBeBe and was held at Locale in Blackheath in SE London. The event was attended by approx 70 women running or planning to run their own businesses. I really enjoyed meeting other local business mums and the informal and friendly set up.

Having Laura Tenison as a key speaker was an added bonus. I read about Laura Tenison first in "Inspriring Women" by Michelle Rosenberg (recommended if you are thinking about starting your own business or need some inspiration).
So when SE London Mumpreneurs Network announced their first networking lunch, with Laura being the key speaker, I grabbed the opportunity and signed up for the event.

Laura obviously has achieved a lot over the years. However, what inspired me most was her business model and her work ethics, which is not necessarily the way city investors would want you to run your business. Laura still works with the same factories from when they started and her moto seems to be that profit is not everything. This just reflects so much what I want to achieve going forward.


Laura Tenison in action


Little JoJo joining us for lunch


Mmmmmh a delightful panna cotta for afters!

2 comments:

  1. Like your blog! Happy to be your first follower. Thanks for your comment n my blog. Will you br my follower too?

    Eva (TR!LO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva,

    Thank you so much for being my first follower. How exciting. I love your blog as well and I am following you!

    Best wishes,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete